Effective Date: August 27, 2018
Information We Collect
Plannuh collects both personal information and other information about its users in connection with the Services. “Personal Information” is information that Plannuh can directly associate with a specific person, such as your name or email address. “Other Information” is any additional information that Plannuh collects that is not Personal Information. We may combine Other Information with Personal Information, and, in those circumstances, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We collect information from a variety of sources, including information provided by you, information we collect when you use the Services, and information about you that we receive from third-party sources. Information that we collect may include the following:
Personal Information We Collect
When you register for our Services, we or our third-party service providers may collect information directly from you, such as the following:
- Email address
We also may collect information related to your company and marketing budget when you register for or use the Plannuh Platform. For example, we collect the name of your company and relevant information about it, such as its industry, revenue, and size. We also collect information about your marketing and budgeting activities when you register for or use the Plannuh Platform, such as general information about your overall marketing budgets and information about specific marketing campaigns and goals, such as individual expense items, forecasted and actual spend, and project information. You can also choose to provide us with additional information that you fill in or add as custom fields and values, for example, budgeting information related to specific vendors, marketing audience targets, and expected and actual results from marketing programs.
We use third-party service providers for invoicing and to process payments for paid users of the Plannuh Platform. These service providers may collect credit card information and other billing information, such as name, address, email address, and telephone number from you in connection with the Services. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only in connection with the services they perform on our behalf.
Other Information We Collect
We or our third-party service providers also collect other information automatically through the Services. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, the date and time of your visit to the website or the Plannuh Platform, your use of the Services during your current session and over time (including the pages you viewed and features you engaged with), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Services, your computer’s or mobile device’s software and hardware attributes (including operating system type and version, device type, and device identifiers), your browser type and version, mobile network information, device state information, information relating to how the Services function, and your general geographic location derived through your IP address (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region).
We collect such information using a variety of mechanisms, including the following:
- Server Logs. When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer or mobile device and your browser. This may include the types of information listed in the preceding paragraph. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or similar applications that recognize your computer or other devices and gather information about their online activity.
- Web beacons or pixels. The Services or the emails that you receive from us or our partners may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal Information and Other Information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons or other tracking mechanisms (such as tags or scripts) on the Services or in email communications from us. The information collected by third parties using these technologies may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics and targeted interest-based advertising. For more information about such activities, including how you may opt out of some processing of your data, please see the section below entitled “Third-Party Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.”
How We Use the Information That We Collect
We may use Personal and Other Information for a variety of purposes related to our operations and your use of the Services. Examples of specific ways in which Plannuh may use your Personal and Other Information include, but are not limited to, the following:
Personal Information. We use the Personal Information that we collect about users to:
- Provide the Services to you, including to let you sign up for an account and use the Plannuh Platform;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- Respond to your inquiries about our Services;
- Fulfill orders and process payments;
- Contact you by email, chat, or dashboard alert regarding our Services;
- Send you promotional information about our Services, as well as other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other non-operational communications. If you wish to opt out of receiving promotional emails at any time, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Even if you do so, you will continue to receive non-promotional emails with information relevant to the operation of the Services.
- Engage in analysis and research concerning the Services, improve users’ experiences with the Services, and otherwise enhance the quality of our products and Services;
- Provide you with suggestions for potential marketing partners and related offers;
- Provide targeted or customized advertising or messaging to you, including as described in the “Third-Party Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising” section below;
- Comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements, or to protect our rights and interests, as described below in the “Legal Purposes” subsection of this Policy; and
- Create, compile, and share de-identified and/or aggregated information.
Other Information. We use the Other Information that we collect for these same purposes, as well as to:
- Help us efficiently operate the Services, to count and recognize visitors to the Services, to enable certain features on the Services, and for other purposes related to managing our business;
- Analyze how visitors use the Services and their features, to learn how effective our email communications and dashboard alerts are, to improve the Services and enhance users’ experiences, to create new products and services, and to enable additional analytics and research concerning the Services.
- For any other business purpose permitted by law.
How We Share Personal and Other Information with Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information and Other Information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Third-party service providers. Plannuh uses third-party service providers to help us manage and improve the Services. These service providers may collect and/or use your Personal or Other Information to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above in the section entitled “How We Use the Information that We Collect.” For example, we may use third parties to perform data storage and processing services for us, to help us with billing and to process payments, and to help us communicate with our users. We also partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal and Other Information as described below in Third-Party Analytics and Interest Based Advertising, and to create aggregated data that no longer identifies you personally.
We also may share your Personal or Other Information with other third parties when necessary to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your Personal or Other Information with third parties when we believe, in our sole reasonable discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- to comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, consolidation, liquidation, acquisition, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Third-Party Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
We partner with certain third-parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal and Other Information described above. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the Services or in email communications from Plannuh.
The information collected by third parties using these technologies may be used to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may set and access cookies on your computer or other device and may collect information about your online activities across different websites or services over time, including on websites and mobile applications that are not owned or operated by Plannuh.
We and our third-party providers may use collected information to establish connections among related web browsers and devices (such as smartphones, tablets, and computers) for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. We may match your browsers or devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household. This means that information about your activity on websites or apps on your current browser or device may be combined and used with information collected from your other browsers or devices. For example, we or our third-party providers may use this information to deliver the same ad on multiple devices, to limit the number of times you see an ad across your devices, and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns across devices.
You can opt out of the interest-based advertising practices of Plannuh and our third-party providers in web browsers and mobile apps on your current browser or mobile device by following the instructions below. In addition, exercising the opt-out choices below will stop Plannuh and its third-party providers from: (1) collecting information on the browser or mobile device from which you opt out for use on other, linked browsers or mobile devices for advertising purposes; (2) collecting information on other, linked browsers or mobile devices for use on the browser or mobile device from which you opt out for advertising purposes; and (3) sharing information collected on the browser or mobile device from which you opt out with unaffiliated third parties for advertising purposes.
Web Browser Opt-Out. To opt out in web browsers, please visit:
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page at www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice page at www.aboutads.info/choices
To help preserve the choices that you make in the DAA’s WebChoices page, you can install the DAA’s “Protect My Choices” extension that is available at http://www.aboutads.info/PMC.
Mobile Application Opt-Out. To opt out in mobile apps, you can adjust the advertising preferences on your mobile device. For example:
- In iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking.
- In Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
You can also opt out of interest-based advertising in mobile apps for companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices tool by downloading AppChoices at www.aboutads.info/appchoices and following the instructions in the app. For more information about opting out on mobile devices, please see https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
Please note that the opt-out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out, and therefore you will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work and you will have to opt out again.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, but you may opt out of interest-based advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative and for companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance by visiting the opt-out pages described above.
Data Retention and Security
Plannuh uses commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is foolproof, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal or Other Information.
Plannuh may retain Personal Information as long as necessary to provide the services to you and to fulfill the purposes described in this policy. If you would like Plannuh to delete the Personal Information associated with your account, please follow the instructions in the “Reviewing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Information” section below.
Reviewing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You may access, amend, and/or request deletion of certain information that you have provided to us by accessing the Plannuh Platform, or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you email us, for your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will attempt to comply with any reasonable requests for accessing, amending, or deleting your information.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and Plannuh will never knowingly collect Personal or Other Information from anyone it knows is under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will promptly take all reasonable steps to delete the data from our system.
Third-Party Links, Websites, and Apps
Questions or Comments
One Lincoln St.
Boston, MA 02111